KidzTown Scheduling Assistant (Part-Time)
Who We Are
Gateway Community Church is a growing congregation with people from many church backgrounds located in one of the fastest-growing suburbs of Washington D.C. Our casual style, blended worship, Bible-based teaching, and community engagement have helped us grow rapidly in the past few years.
Primary responsibilities include scheduling volunteers in Planning Center and email correspondence with volunteers for early childhood and elementary KidzTown ministries. This is a 5-10 hour/week position, which can be performed remotely. Candidates must agree to abide by the church’s Statement of Faith.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Schedules KidzTown volunteers in Planning Center (quarterly)
- Emails teams about schedule release with a reminder about the substitution process and updated team contact information (quarterly)
- Manages the weekly substitution process: weekly reminders to declines about finding subs, gets emails about sub arrangements, updates schedule and sends out schedule requests to subs, notifies Team Lead when there are schedule gaps
- Manages the weekly reminder process: auto-reminder goes out Tuesday, manual decline reminder sent Tuesday, manual reminders sent Wednesday & Friday
- Trains new volunteers on Planning Center Services, establish new Services profiles with welcome email, and communicates scheduling expectations
- Maintains records of “no shows” and communicates as appropriate
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (knowledge, skills, and abilities)
- Experience with information systems/databases is helpful
- Clear and gracious written communication is absolutely required
- Accuracy and attention to detail is required, as well as a track record of reliability, confidentiality, and conscientious work habits
- Comfortable with technology and integrating various software programs
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to organize and prioritize effectively
What’s great about this job?
- A relaxed office environment (jeans are ok!)
- Ability to work remotely with flexible hours
- Opportunity to invest in work that matters by supporting KidzTown at Gateway
Physical Demands & Work Environment
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
How to Apply
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.