Children’s Ministry Director/Pastor
Love the Lord? Passion for children? Creative and fun? Gifted at inspiring parents and leading volunteers? We want you!
Who We Are
Gateway Community Church is a growing congregation of people from various church and worship backgrounds, located in one of the fastest-growing suburbs of Washington D.C. Our commitment to following the lead of the Holy Spirit, relaxed atmosphere, blended worship style, Bible-based teaching, and community engagement have helped us grow rapidly in the past few years, both in membership and diversity. Gateway is committed to drawing others into authentic Christian community by encouraging growth: up towards God in worship, in towards others in community, and out towards the world in service.
Why You’ll Love Working Here
So many reasons: our collaborative, casual office environment; flexible hours; genuine opportunities to innovate; and a staff team committed to emotionally healthy ministry.
The Children’s Ministry Director will lead internal and external children’s ministry efforts, as well as collaborate with the staff to achieve the overall vision and goals of the church. Internal children’s ministry efforts include providing vision, direction, and oversight of KidzTown, the Gateway children’s ministry serving families with children from birth through 5th grade. External children’s ministry efforts include drawing in unchurched families, advancing a social media presence, and connecting with age-appropriate community service opportunities.
- Oversee KidzTown logistics, including budget, strategic planning, policies, and procedures
- Develop ministry curriculum, training channels, and performance metrics
- Direct ministry-related projects and initiatives
- Lead and develop teams of volunteers and part-time staff
- Foster growth of the KidzTown organization, including the AWANA program
- Maintain a synergistic relationship with Gateway Village Children’s Center, our weekday preschool and after-school program
- Provide a fun and safe environment for kids to connect with church leaders, staff, volunteers, and other kids
- Enhance the KidzTown experience by using digital tools and technology to create and distribute digital content that informs, connects, and cultivates spiritual development in children and families
- Develop inclusive programming that accommodates special needs and cultural diversity
- Demonstrate ability to work through conflict and willing to engage in challenging conversations
- Provide resources for families to connect church activities with everyday home life
- Passionate about recruiting and developing volunteers into leaders
- Provide pastoral care and connection to shepherd children and their families through difficulties
- Demonstrate authentic Christian community by nurturing a personal relationship with Christ, connecting with a small group, regularly attending Gateway, and maintaining personal integrity
- A mature Christ-follower who feels called to children’s ministry
- A bachelor’s degree in children’s ministry, early childhood or elementary education, or related
- Experience working/volunteering in a setting of 1,000+ people
- Experience working in or supervising a children’s program of at least 200 children
- Experience supervising staff or large volunteer teams (50+)
To apply, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and let us know why you’d be a great fit!