We believe it’s our mission to draw others into authentic Christian community. It’s in our DNA! No matter who you are or where you’re from, we want Gateway to feel like home for you and your family.
Here’s some backstory.
Gateway was founded by Pastor Ed Allen and his wife, Diane, and a small group of people in 1998. A few years later, a developer came and walked the property where Gateway’s building now stands. He was planning to buy the property and build a mall. As a new follower of Jesus, he felt God tell him this land was meant for a church—and through a series of events, the land eventually became Gateway’s.
In Fall 2017, we had our grand opening for Gateway’s building, a dream becoming a reality.
Overall, we're a diverse congregation of all kinds of backgrounds, perspectives, and walks of life, who truly value being open, honest, and loving toward one another through Christ.
We invite you to be a part of where God's taking us and the community.
We exist to be used by God to draw others into authentic Christian community.
How We Live Out Our Mission
We strive to build balanced spiritual lives by growing:
- Up towards God in worship;
- In towards others in community;
- Out towards the world in specific acts of service.
Our Core Values
What are we really like? How do we live out our core beliefs? We’ve captured this in six core values:
- Start on your knees: Pray first and continually. All efforts of believers and the church should begin with honest and believing prayer.
- Cultivate transformation: Jesus Christ is the key to a right relationship with God and He is actively transforming our lives through the Holy Spirit and His Word for His purposes as we yield ourselves to Him.
- Be authentic: As a diverse community of believers, we embrace real and genuine relationships with God and others.
- Connect deeply: We develop an ever-increasing and meaningful connection to God and other people. Healthy small groups are key to God-centered relationships with one another.
- Live generously: We allow our God-given life to flow out of us, back towards God and others through acts of generosity, kindness, and service.
- Empower the next generation: We make disciples by transferring what God has invested in us to prepare and nurture others for a life journey with God, starting with our children and youth.
Join us on Sunday!