Groups at Gateway are the place where we get connected and share our lives with one another. Being connected to others encourages us to grow, care and serve together. Beginning Fall 2017, we will be offering 3 types of groups: activity groups, classes and small groups. We believe church is more than just what happens on Sunday; we hope you'll join a group, connect and have fun together, while experiencing and living out authentic Christian community.
WE'RE EXCITED FOR YOU TO JOIN US THIS FALL! search for a group below!
Not sure what you want in a group? Then send us a message and let us help you!
Financial Peace University
Do you want to stop living paycheck to paycheck and make a plan to get out of debt? Sign up for Financial Peace University and learn from Dave Ramsey what the bible says about money.
Classes begin October 5Group Details
Starting Point: A Conversation About Faith
Welcome to Starting Point: a conversation about faith. Everything has a starting point - your life, your relationships, your education, your career. Your faith does too. Whether you're new to faith, curious about God, or coming back to church after some time away, this group is for you!Group Details
Information session, Wednesday, 10/11
Meeting weekly, Wednesday, 9:30-1pm with a brown bag lunch.
Teaching the art of quilting, knitting and crochet. Come join us!
Leaders: Evie Showers, Joanne JonesGroup Details
Saturday, October 28 @ GCC
We will be making fall and Christmas cards
Cost: $25 for supplies of 12 cards, 3 designs
Leader: Brittany Rohrer
Monthly on Saturdays or Sundays
Explore and enjoy fun places around us. No long term commitment required. Check with the leaders or on our website here for a list of fun outings!Group Details
For the adventurous in body and spirit! Join in a variety of sports outings: rock climbing, sky diving, paintball, rafting and more!
We will kick off the first adventure sports outing with a day of paintball on October 21, 2017.
Saturday, October 21, 2017
10:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Hogback Mountain Paintball
20267 Hogback Mountain Rd
Leesburg, VA 20175
- We will play in the walk-on morning session from 10am - 1:30pm (You can play some or all of that time). Though there will be other players, we should be able to keep our group integrity on a team depending on how many people participate.
- Afterward, those who are able are encouraged to stay and eat a late lunch so we can get to know each other better. You can pack your own lunch or purchase on site, and they have picnic tables available to sit at.
$39 for admission and rental equipment (paintball gun, face mask, compressed air refills, and 500 paintballs)
$20 for admission and air refills if bringing your own equipment
What to wear:
- old clothes (paintball is dirty!)
- comfortable shoes (sneakers, boots, cleats)
- hat, bandana, or other head covering
- If you are renting equipment it is recommended that you call ahead and pay a $10 deposit to reserve your equipment for the day. You also will want to show up 15-20 minutes prior to the 10:00 am start time in order to get outfitted with your equipment.
- Fill out the waiver ahead of time http://www.hogback.net/waiver.php
- You can bring your own paintballs but they need to meet Hogback's safety and environmental standards