Week 3: October 15-21
Read: Matthew 8:14-17 as a Family
Family Activity: Focus this week on being thankful. Set a container somewhere in a central area of the home. Place several pennies beside it. Each time a family member shows thankfulness, he or she should place a penny in the container. At the end of the week, count the number of pennies in the container. Peter’s mother-in-law was thankful for how Jesus healed her. Allow each person to share something he or she is thankful for.
Family Discussion Starters:
- What does this story teach me about God or the gospel?
- What does this story teach me about myself?
- Are there any commands in this story to obey? How are they for God’s glory and my good?
- Are there any promises in this story to remember? How do they help me trust and love God?
- How does this story help me to live on mission better?