Week 1: October 1-7
Read: Matthew 1:1-17 as a Family
Family Activity: Draw a family tree on a large sheet of paper. Invite each family member to draw a picture of him/herself. Let kids draw parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents. If available, share family photos or stories about the people in your family tree. Remind kids that Jesus is God’s Son, but He had an earthly family too—Mary and Joseph, David, Abraham, ... all the way back to Adam and Eve!
Family Discussion Starters:
- What does this story teach me about God or the gospel?
- What does this story teach me about myself?
- Are there any commands in this story to obey? How are they for God’s glory and my good?
- Are there any promises in this story to remember? How do they help me trust and love God?
- How does this story help me to live on mission better?