Read: Mark 4:26-34 as a Family
Family Activity: Ask everyone in the family to take a piece of paper and number it 1-10. Then read each category below and give them 30 seconds to silently think of an answer and write it down. After completing all ten categories go through each category and award a point to anyone with a unique answer, as well as a point to whoever chose the smallest thing.
- Smallest land animal
- Smallest air animal
- Smallest water animal
- Smallest pet
- Smallest plant
- Smallest word
- Smallest toy
- Smallest book
- Smallest item in the room
- Smallest food
Jesus talks about the mustard seed because it started out small, but once it was planted it grew very large. Much like our faith, it begins small but grows
Family Discussion Starters:
- What does this story teach me about God or the gospel?
- What does this story teach me about myself?
- Are there any commands in this story to obey? How are they for God’s glory and my good?
- Are there any promises in this story to remember? How do they help me trust and love God?