Read: Matthew 5-7 as a Family
Family Activity: Prompt kids to draw a picture of something they remember from Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount. Review Matthew 5–7 in the Bible if kids need help. Remind them that Jesus taught how believers should live. Following Jesus doesn’t mean just doing good things on the outside as the religious leaders did; people who know and love Jesus have changed hearts that want to honor Him.
Family Discussion Starters:
- What does this story teach me about God or the gospel?
- What does this story teach me about myself?
- Are there any commands in this story to obey? How are they for God’s glory and my good?
- Are there any promises in this story to remember? How do they help me trust and love God?
- How does this story help me to live on mission better?