Read: Matthew 12:9-14 as a Family
Family Activity: It’s always the right time to do something good! Assemble together and assign a family member a task to help another family member. For example, instruct siblings to help each other with chores. As a family, you may also volunteer at a soup kitchen. Talk about how God wants us to do good things each day because we love Him and want to obey Him. Write below the task each family member performed and the date he or she completed it.
Family Discussion Starters:
- What does this story teach me about God or the gospel?
- What does this story teach me about myself?
- Are there any commands in this story to obey? How are they for God’s glory and my good?
- Are there any promises in this story to remember? How do they help me trust and love God?
- How does this story help me to live on mission better?