Part-Time Accounting Assistant
Gateway Community Church & Gateway Village Children's Center
Who We Are
Gateway Community Church is a growing congregation with people from many church backgrounds located in one of the fastest growing suburbs of Washington D.C. Our casual style, blended worship, Bible-based teaching, and community engagement have helped us grow rapidly in the past few years. Gateway Village Children’s Center (GVCC) is a ministry of the church, serving families in our community with preschool and after-school programs.
Primary responsibilities include accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, bank deposits, and preparing monthly reports. This is a 10 hour/week position which will occur during typical office hours.
Candidates must agree to abide by the church’s Statement of Faith in the work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Processing A/P, payroll and cash receipts
- Applying strong accounting skills through maintaining proper documentation and financial statement preparation
- Participating in activities needed to support the management functions of the team
- Performing other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Strong knowledge of bookkeeping practices and procedures
- Accuracy and attention to detail is absolutely required, as well as a track record of reliability, confidentiality, and conscientious work habits
- Comfortable with technology and integrating several software programs for financial reporting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to organize and prioritize effectively
- Ability to interpret data and make cost-effective recommendations
What's Great About This Job?
- A relaxed office environment (jeans are ok!)
- Opportunities to learn new skills and work with a wide variety of professionals
- Flexible scheduling and you won’t find a lot of meetings before 10 a.m. around here.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
To apply, please send a resume to .